Mini Sensory Social
A baby sensory group with added magic
Our sessions are described as a baby sensory group with added magic! Whats really great too, is that they are drop ins.. no need to book in advance, you can just turn up. A chance to come along to a relaxed, free play, baby led session, meet up with friends and make new ones too.
Sensory play can be an important step in babies development process.. Research shows that involving babies in sensory play helps boost their neural pathways and brain structure.
New born babies are able to see, hear and sense their body, but they aren't able to organise these senses very well. As a baby is introduced to a variety of sensory activities, they gradually learn to organise them withn their brain and are able to give meaning to them.
Through our baby Sensory Social we encourage and provide the opportunity for early introduction to activities that stimulate and engage all babies senses including touch, sight, smell, taste and sight.
What to expect
- Enjoy story telling to your baby with cloth books, board books & finger puppets
- Make musical mayhem with bells & shakers
- Experience texture & textiles and much more when they discover the treasure baskets
- Delve in to the dark tent with the laser lights, fibre optics space blankets and glitter balls
- Climb in, under, over and round in the soft play zone
- Baby crafts and a little bit of mess each week for those braver babies (and parents!)
- Encourage your mini me's to use all their senses to play, create, investigate and explore
- Refreshments including tea/coffee and cake as well as juice and fruit is available throughout the session for both babies and parents
Lights & Lasers
Our Baby Sensory Social finishes off each week with our most popular songs and props from our
Rockers and Rollers sessions too.
Please be aware that the activities provided at this group have been developed for pre-walking babies