What is MINI FIT?
Does your mini me love to jump, run, bounce, kick and throw? Do they have lots of energy and enjoy music?
MINI FIT are fun and energetic sports themed activity groups. Each week is themed around a different sport including football, tennis, rugby, basketball, athletics, cricket... to name just a few. Sports equipment such as footballs, rackets, bats etc are used along with songs and music to teach the related skills relevant to that weeks sport.
Toddler sports activities introduce children to the world of sport and fitness. Increasing flexibility, strength, endurance and confidence, all whilst having loads of fun, burning off lots of energy and learning key gross and fine motor skills.
The National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) offers these activity guidelines for infants, toddlers and preschoolers
|Age||Minimum Daily Activity||Comments|
|Infant||No specific requirement||Physical activity should encourage motor development|
|Toddler||1 1/2 Hours||30 minutes planned physical activity and 60 minutes unstructured physical play (free play)|
|2 Hours||60 minutes planned physical activity and 60 minutes unstructured physical play (free play)|
Benefits of Toddler Sports Classes
- Mini Fit increases balance, strength, endurance, body management and confidence.
- Mini Fit toddler sports classes enhance co-ordination.
- Mini Fit releases energy not only physically but also mentally, challenging the mind which improves concentration, motivation, learning and well being.
- Mini Fit supports muscle and bone development.
- Mini Fit children also learn social skills as the co-operate and show consideration for each other.
- Children who are physically fit sleep better.
What to expect
Mini Fit toddler sports classes are designed for children aged between 2 and 5.
Mini Fit classes last around 45 minutes.
Mini Fit classes have 5 stages:
- Free play - expore the sporting equipment at the child's decision. Disccusion time for parents both before and after the activity.
- Warm up - Raising the heart rate ready for physical fitness.
- Circle time - using different props such as ribbon wands, Pom Poms, bean bags and much more.
- Skilled activity - learning skills such as throwing, catching, batting and dribbling (a football) for example.
- Cool down - Bringing the heart rate back down to a normal level.
Each week we will finish the class with a small presentation.
Refreshments will be available throughout the class.